Software Engineer III
Reports to: VP of Engineering
FLSA Status: Full Time, Regular, Salary, Exempt, At-Will
Who We Are:
LaunchPoint Electric Propulsion Solutions, Inc. is an aerospace power generation and electric propulsion design company that is committed to hiring the very best people to join our team. We are passionately focused on designing and manufacturing the best motor and controller solutions for aerospace, thermal management, power generation, and defense. We specialize in gensets, motors and controllers to enable efficient, power dense, reliable, lightweight hybrid-electric and full-electric propulsion solutions.
Come join us in a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a product destined to impact aerospace and advanced air mobility.
Software Engineer III
LaunchPoint EPS is seeking a skilled Software Engineer to assist with the continuing development of embedded firmware for high power density motor/generator controllers and associated power electronics, as well as develop PC GUIs (LabVIEW and Visual Studio) and Matlab modeling software.
What You’ll Do
• Create software development, testing, quality and maintenance processes and procedures based on industry best practices
• Implement processes, procedures, tools, documentation and tests that will lead to DO-178 certifiable embedded software
• Oversee all software efforts at LPEPS to ensure processes and procedures are followed/implemented
• Develop Product Requirements & Subsystem Specifications for all software entities being created at LPEPS
• Provide software architecture guidance and review to all people involved in coding at LPEPS
• Develop and maintain our embedded firmware code base for high power motor controllers, using field-oriented control methods, this will also include our gensets and hybrid power management system for UAVs and personal air vehicles and resulting systems, documenting performance, bug tracking and resolution and innovating new features/functionality will be required
• Interaction with program management, systems, mechanical/thermal, electrical and system test team members will be required
• Develop code testing and code quality infrastructure
• Ensure correlation/validation between code bases and code requirements/specification documents
• Ability to work independently or with a small team on complex projects to develop, maintain and document:
• Embedded motor/generator controller firmware using Texas Instruments processors
• LabVIEW VIs for motor/motor controller testing
• PC GUI for interacting with motor/genset controllers
• Matlab motor/motor controller modeling software suite
• Oversee software architecture for all of the above-mentioned code bases
• Troubleshoot and support for embedded systems using equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and DMMs
• Tune control loop gains for motor/genset controllers
• Ensuring applicable software is developed with DO-178B compliance processes
• Other job duties as assigned by your manager
What You Need
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field required
• 4+ years of recent SW development experience
• Embedded controller SW and Firmware design experience
• Industry experience in Aerospace or Defense
• Motor and Controller design experience and associated power electronics
• D0-178 Compliance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color, distance, and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary and Pay Transparency
Salary range for this position is between $91,000 and $146,000. Base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and all applicable company benefits.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment.
LaunchPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the base of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.