Senior Program Manager
Department: Program Management
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Full Time, Regular, Salary, Exempt, At-Will
Who We Are:
LaunchPoint Electric Propulsion Solutions, Inc. is an aerospace power generation and electric propulsion design company that is committed to hiring the very best people to join our team. We are passionately focused on designing and manufacturing the best motor and controller solutions for aerospace, thermal management, power generation, and defense. We specialize in gensets, motors and controllers to enable efficient, power dense, reliable, lightweight hybrid-electric and full-electric propulsion solutions.
Come join us in a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a product destined to impact aerospace and advanced air mobility.
Senior Program Manager Summary
The Senior Program Manager leads multidisciplinary teams for assigned programs/projects utilizing program management techniques in a highly regulated environment. This position is primarily focused on the timely execution of New Product Development in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS), partner contracts and product specifications. In addition to New Product Development, the PM will also lead continual product or business process improvement initiatives.
The selected individual will need to be a technical leader with the ability to make direct technical progress assessments within Systems, Electronics, Mechanical, Software, Manufacturing and Test Engineering disciplines. The Sr PM will have the responsibility of representing the organization in a highly professional manner and will need to prepare and present partner facing communications, documents and presentations. These communications will be with external stakeholders such as partners, critical and/or strategic suppliers and contract manufacturers (CMs) as well as internal stakeholders such as Engineering, QA, Operations, Purchasing, Customer Service and the Senior Management team.
What You’ll Do
• Responsible for leading the development and production of programs with clear milestones and deliverables to ensure timely completion of projects within established timeline and budget
• Negotiate, prepare and ensure project compliance with Contracts and associated Statements of Work and Specifications
• Support new business development by leading Bids and Proposals, kick off meetings, cost and technical volume ownership, management sign off
• Applies and demonstrates technical management and organizational skills that results in a collaborative culture using clear, credible, objective and proactive communications and stakeholder management
• Lead regular team meetings in an efficient manner with cross functional team members including engineering, operations, system test, purchasing, quality, customer service, partners, critical suppliers and contract manufacturers
• Track and document the project progress, monitors the risks, effectiveness, and performance of the project and project team and proactively facilitates the development of contingency plans and recommended corrective actions as required
• Publish project documentation and contract deliverables
• Action item tracking and task prioritization
• Appropriately manage / escalate project issues or risk
• Prepare and conduct monthly program reviews with senior management
• Prepare and conduct program reviews with partners (as required)
• Manage an Integrated Master Schedule for resourcing needs to both accomplish programs and forecast hiring needs
• Participate in the development and improvement of policies and procedures and tools that affect efficient program management and product development
• Adherence to the Quality Management System (QMS)
• Other job duties as assigned by the VP of Engineering
• Occasional travel may be required
What You Need
• 8+ years experience with BS Degree in Engineering, preferably EE
• Industry experience in Aerospace, Defense or other high-tech sector
• 5+ years of program or project or technical leadership experience with demonstrated past performance of successfully transitioning a product through the following development gates: proof of concept, development, verification/qualification, manufacturing build, production test, product launch and service
• 5+ years of experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
• Advanced skill set with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project, Visio, Confluence, JIRA
Highly Desirable Competencies
• PM of programs in excess of $10M
• PMP Certification
• Systems Engineering approach to technical problem solving
• Understanding of the design and operation of Electric Motors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color, distance, and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary and Pay Transparency
Salary range for this position is between $109,400 and $175,000. Base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and all applicable company benefits.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment.
LaunchPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the base of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.