Purchasing, Inventory and Logistics Associate II
Reports to: Manager of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full-Time
Who We Are:
LaunchPoint Electric Propulsion Solutions, Inc. (LaunchPoint) is an aerospace power generation and electric propulsion design company with more than a decade of experience developing exciting and dynamic hybrid-electric flight technology for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) vehicles. Our team is passionately focused on designing, manufacturing, and supplying the best electric motors, generators, controllers, hybrid-electric power management units (PMU), and software for Advanced Air Mobility (AAM), Electric Power Generation, and Hybrid-Electric Power.
Purchasing, Inventory and Logistics Associate II
LaunchPoint is seeking an experienced Purchasing, Inventory and Logistics Associate II to join our Operations team. In this role, you will assist with purchasing, inventory control, MRP transactions, shipping domestically and internationally, and receiving and packaging.
What You’ll Do
• Prepare and process purchase orders and obtain appropriate documentation and approval
• Ensure on-time delivery for services or products purchased
• Transact material in timely manner into appropriate MRP warehouse locations
• Communicate order status to end users and maintain excellent internal customer service
• Maintain Shipping, Receiving, Inventory rooms and areas in a neat and orderly manner
• Label material in inventory room for proper traceability to POs where needed, such as LOT, Date Received, Receiver # or PO #
• Perform inventory cycle counts and quarterly inventory counts
• Notify receipt of RMAs to Customer Support and QA personnel
Notify receipt of Customer Property to Program Management and timely and accurate logging, tagging and tracking of such Customer Property
• Kitting and transacting of material to WIP to support Work Orders utilizing first in first out practices
• Notify QA if material does not conform to product specifications. Request QA personnel to assess need for Non-Conforming material report or vendor RMA
• Handle, store, kit and ship material and products in a method that does not compromise the product
• Coordinate and facilitate all domestic and international shipments in accordance with Export Compliance
• Maintain accurate schedule of shipments and notify appropriate parties of changes
• Monitor shipping costs and optimizes shipping methods
• Package orders for shipment
• Ensure accurate processing of returned and exchanged equipment
• Adhere to Quality Management System (QMS) and Quality Procedures (QP) related to assigned duties
• Suggest updates to QPs and Work Instructions related to Purchasing, Inventory and Logistics to reflect current process or needed process improvement
What You Need
• 3+ years of Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory experience preferred
• Prior direct experience, (3+ years) with ERP, MRP or Accounting Inventory systems required
• Strong experience with MS Office, particularly Excel
• Experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 QMS
• Familiarity with international shipping requirements
• Knowledge of quality systems and a desire to learn
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Strong writing and math skills
• Works well in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions
• Can do attitude with thorough follow-through of tasks
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
Salary and Pay Transparency
Salary range for this position is between $59,000 and $91,000. Base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and all applicable company benefits.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment.
LaunchPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the base of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.