Reports to: Production Lead/VP
FLSA Status: Full Time, Regular, Salary, Exempt, At-Will
Who We Are:
LaunchPoint Electric Propulsion Solutions, Inc. is an aerospace power generation and electric propulsion design company that is committed to hiring the very best people to join our team. We are passionately focused on designing and manufacturing the best motor and controller solutions for aerospace, thermal management, power generation, and defense. We specialize in gensets, motors and controllers to enable efficient, power dense, reliable, lightweight hybrid-electric and full-electric propulsion solutions.
Come join us in a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that is developing a product destined to impact aerospace and advanced air mobility.
LaunchPoint EPS is seeking a well-rounded Manufacturing Technician to work on exciting and dynamic aerospace projects. This person will perform a variety of duties associated with the manufacturing, assembly, and inspection of complex aerospace components. Job duties will be split into two areas: Area 1 duties include electrical assembly, mechanical assembly, and inspection of advanced electric motor/alternator/generator components including stator winding, potting, and magnet bonding. Area 2 duties include inventory management and assisting engineering staff with document control.
What You’ll Do
• Collaborate with our multidisciplinary engineering team to manufacture and assemble products
• Inspect advanced electric motor/alternator/generator components, including stator winding, potting and magnet assemblies
• Assist the Engineering staff with document control and inventory management
• Take designed from ‘print to part’ with a high degree of accuracy, precision and efficiency
What You Need
• 1-2 years experience in either mechanical assembly or electrical assembly OR the desire to learn a new trade – LaunchPoint will train the right candidate!
• Demonstrated experience in an engineering, manufacturing, or skilled trade environment
• Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and data sheets
• Experience with hand tools
• Experience with machine shop equipment and tools, e.g. drill press, band saw and sanders
• Knowledge of basic soldering techniques and use of soldering iron
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to lift and control a minimum of 20 lb
• 3-5 years experience in either mechanical or electrical assembly
• Experience with ISO9001, AS9100 and engineering/manufacturing assembly best practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary and Pay Transparency
Salary range for this position is between $41,000 and $82,000. Base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and all applicable company benefits.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment.
LaunchPoint EPS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, All aspects of employment are decided on the base of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.