Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
Reports to: VP/COO
FLSA Status: Full Time, Regular, Salary, Exempt, At-Will
Who We Are:
LaunchPoint Electric Propulsion Solutions, Inc. is an aerospace power generation and electric propulsion design company that is committed to hiring the very best people to join our team. We are passionately focused on designing and manufacturing the best motor and controller solutions for aerospace, thermal management, power generation, and defense. We specialize in gensets, motors and controllers to enable efficient, power dense, reliable, lightweight hybrid-electric and full-electric propulsion solutions.
Come join us in a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that is developing a product destined to impact aerospace and advanced air mobility.
Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will partner with operations as well as research and development project teams to perform strategic sourcing and procurement of goods and services, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies. This position will also support the Operations and QA functions for receiving, logistics, materials management, production scheduling, inventory control, and supply planning. The manager will also research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, capacity and the suppliers reputation and history and fit with LaunchPoint business objectives. The manager will make extensive use of MRP for creation of dashboards and status reports for project teams and management.
What You’ll Do
• Master scheduling / demand creation of purchased or manufactured parts, components, assemblies, goods or services based on engineering development schedules, product deliveries against POs and sales forecasts
• Sourcing, negotiating, evaluating and awarding and documenting purchases for materials and services for generators, electric motors and controllers components and assemblies
• Procurements will include commercial parts, build to print, NRE and SOWs
• Participation in the negotiation of price, schedules and terms & conditions
• Initiate RFI and RFQ activities to vendors
• Participation in the selection and development of qualified suppliers and seeking alternate suppliers
• Prepare and process purchase orders and obtain appropriate documentation and approvals in accordance with the QMS
• Ensure on time delivery for services or products purchased
• Prepare purchasing order status and shortage reports for program management and executive management
• Provide assistance to accounting or other related financial departments to resolve any issues related to inventory, COGs, suppliers or materials
• Manage ongoing inventory cycle counts or quarterly inventory counts
• Maintain accurate and current information in the MRP system (supplier, costing, inventory, delivery etc)
• Use the MRP planning tool to maintain minimum on hand quantities in finished goods
• Request and administer RMA’s for supplier non-conforming product
• Participation in the management of supplier’s performance to cost, schedule, and quality requirements
• Ensure compliance, certification and traceability of Sourcing and Procurement with the documented Quality Management System
• Will spend part of his/her time as a member of continuous improvement teams undertaking projects and seeking ways to improve the quality of LaunchPoint’s processes, products and services
What You Need
• BS degree with 5+ years of related strategic sourcing and purchasing experience in a high- technology company
• Intermediate to expert use of MRP and Excel for inventory planning and execution
• 5+ years of experience working within a highly regulated Quality Management Systems (QMS)
Highly Desirable Competencies
To excel in this position, an individual would benefit from the following competencies:
• Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) basics
• Electric power component procurement familiarity
• Printed circuit board manufacture, assembly and test processes
• Metallic and plastic materials machining processes
• Finish coating materials and processes
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Follows up in a timely manner.
• Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes task on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Interpersonal – Manages difficult or emotional situations. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Cost Consciousness – Conserves organizational resources. Looks for ways to reduce cost while still promoting adherence to quality.
• Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.