CAD Drafter/Designer I
Reports to: VP of Engineering
FLSA Status: Salary, Full Time, On-Site
Who We Are:
LaunchPoint Electric Propulsion Solutions, Inc. is an aerospace power generation and electric propulsion design company that is committed to hiring the very best people to join our team. We are passionately focused on designing and manufacturing the best motor and controller solutions for aerospace, thermal management, power generation, and defense. We specialize in gensets, motors and controllers to enable efficient, power dense, reliable, lightweight hybrid-electric and full-electric propulsion solutions.
Come join us in a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a product destined to impact aerospace and advanced air mobility.
LaunchPoint EPS is seeking a CAD Drafter/Designer I to join our team in Goleta, CA. The CAD Drafter/Designer I will assist the Engineering department with product development as well as R&D, while collaborating with other engineering, manufacturing, and project management disciplines. They may also assist in document control activities including engineering change orders configuration management, and product data management.
What You’ll Do
• Primary responsibility is to provide mechanical engineering design support for company projects
• Conceptualizes the design of a product according to customer and engineering specifications
• Performs dimensional tolerance stackup of assemblies to ensure parts compatibility and total design accuracy
• Serves as designer for all aspects of design project, including design, drafting, and associated product documentation
• Creates layouts, envelope, assembly, sub-assembly, and detailed drawings for engineering release
• Creates Bills of Material and keeps MRP system accurate
• ECR release and Document Control of engineering documentation
• Assists the engineering team with Configuration Management
• Design support for production and test tooling and fixtures
• Act as a design liaison between suppliers, procurement, assembly, and test
• Demonstrate strong technical aptitude, excellent communication, and creativity in mechanical design and engineering analysis
• Coordinate with suppliers, customers, and integrated product teams
• All other duties as assigned by the VP of Engineering
What You Need
• AS Degree in CAD/Drafting and 2 years’ experience OR equivalent work experience
• Advanced working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS CAD Software
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity and operational understanding of GD&T principles
• Experience with complex assemblies including electric machines, PCBA, harnessing, flexible assemblies and electronics enclosures
• Full knowledge of aerospace industry standards and design control
• Working in AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS)
• Familiarity and operational understanding of electric motors, generators, motion control electronics, and power electronics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color, distance, and close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary and Pay Transparency
Salary range for this position is between $42,000 and $81,400. Base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, education, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and all applicable company benefits.
The salary range and/or hourly pay rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the future.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment.
LaunchPoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the base of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
LaunchPoint is a Drug Free Workplace where all applicants and employees are subject to drug-testing when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
LaunchPoint adheres to all COVID guidelines as required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.